My guest today is a highly successful entrepreneur, Kelly Jamieson from Edible Blooms. Along with her sister Abbey, built the highly successful chocolate gift emporium.
From a small business start-up in 2005, Edible Blooms celebrates their 10th birthday in 2015 and employs more than 50 staff across seven locations and has grown into a household name in Australia for gift delivery.
Edible Blooms was named 2009 Telstra Small Business of the Year for Australia and in 2011 Kelly SA Telstra Business Woman of the Year. With a background in marketing and business development Kelly has worked in professional services, publishing and membership organisations. A self-confessed chocaholic, she is passionate about growing her business and helping other women to achieve both their professional and personal goals.
During our chat we delve into the following:
- Where Edible Blooms began.
- Edible Blooms made $1 million in sales in its first full financial year of operation. Kelly tells us about how she achieved this.
- The turning point where Kelly shifted from working IN her business to ON her business.
- Currently, the face of Telstra business products, Kelly talks about how technology has impacted the business.
- Kelly talks about how important social media is in her marketing plan.
- Kelly shares with us the importance of a culture in the workplace.
- Kelly shares what she does to ensure culture is a focus.
- Tips on how to ensure your business is customer-centric, and the importance of putting the customer at the heart of everything you do.
- Kelly talks about her experience on Sir Richard Branson’s Necker Island.
- Kelly shares the biggest lesson she has learnt in business.
- Kelly shares with us, how she manages family life and running a highly successful business.
- Kelly provides her advice for anyone struggling in business.
Connect with us on Instagram
Share your biggest takeaway or ah-ha moment from this episode?
Leave your comment below.
We’ll respond to each and every comment.
Share the love!